Project's achievements so far
The goal of the ICHNOS Plus project is to transfer the main results of the Interreg IIIC project "Innovation and CHange - Network of One-stop Shops", in particular the model of Regional Centre of Competence (RCC) for the coordination and support of One-Stop-Shops for businesses, into the EU Structural Funds mainstream programmes of partner regions. One-stop Shop for Business gathers information and contacts to act as one universal contact point where entrepreneurs can find the information they need.
As a starting point a context analysis was carried out in the 6 partner regions investigating the socio-economic context, the state of the art related to One-Stop-Shops for businesses and the opportunities for implementing the OSS and the Regional Centre of Competence into the Structural Funds. A report collecting the 6 regional context analysis was prepared.
The effective exchange and transfer of experience was reached through several interregional activities:
- Peer-to-peer visits of selected organizations and institutions acting in support of entrepreneurship in partner regions were arranged. During all visits, participants got information about business support programmes, procedures and different systems dealing with business start-ups and administrative simplification.
- Staff exchanges between more and less experienced partners were undertaken for a better understanding of the good practices. Activities included visits; meetings and interviews with policy makers and managers. Lessons from national and regional evaluations are referred to in the subsequent reports.
- Three interregional seminars, with a more theoretical and training approach, had the result to analyse partners specific contexts and constrains; and have open debate on the items addressed.
An important output produced was the “RCC Toolkit”, that is a key document containing well-arranged instructions and guidelines in support of creation and development of Regional Centre of Competence for OSS network. This toolkit will be useful for new involved regions as well for all other regions in the future. Its main features originate from outputs of the ICHNOS project.
An outstanding achievement resulting from the exchange activities is the preparation of the Feasibility Study (one in each partner region) which is a preliminary draft of the Action Plan.
This document analysis the normative, organisational and financial feasibility for the transfer of the good practice into the into the EU Structural Funds mainstream programmes and/or other regional mainstream programmes.
As far as dissemination activities are concerned, the project partners have been actively disseminating the activities and results through: the project websites; brochures, newsletters, articles appeared on newspapers and specialised press and face to face meeting to foster closer contacts with relevant policy and decision makers.
Two major dissemination events were organised to promote the project objectives and raise the awareness of policy and decision makers and relevant stakeholders, the launch conference (Cagliari, December 2008), and the mid-term conference (Lesvos Island, September 2009).
The main outputs and results achieved so far are:
- Report of the context analysis carried out in the six partner Regions;
- Toolkit of the upgraded model of Regional Centre of Competence;
- Interregional thematic and training seminars on the main issues of relevance for the project;
- On site visits;
- Staff exchanges;
- Feasibility studies for a tailor-made transfer and implementation of the practices into each partner region.